Friday, July 10, 2009

Our trip to Burns Lake



Auntie Dot, Olivia, and Kyle

Brandon's Dad's house

Olivia and Baga(thats how she says Grampa)

Our hike through the bush behind their house

Wild strawberries


Dan's homemade rootbeer




























It is possable that I cant express how grateful I am to have the experience I had in Canada with my sweet husband and his family!! We had an amazing visit. I got to meet his Grandmother, step Mom Aunts, Uncles, Brother(step bro and sis), Cousins, friends and farm animals. It was great! There is so much love and support I cant even tell you. I now understand why my husband is the wonderful man that he is!! I loved every moment we were there. It is beautiful! Everything is green and clean and fresh. So many lakes and wildlife. I loved it there so much Ive been trying to figure out a way that we can live there someday.

I now have a new appreciation and love for my sweet husband. He is so wonderful! He has come from a place that I couldn't really grasp until I got to experience it. He is strong and smart, loving and caring, helpful and compassionate. I am starting to understand so much why Heavenly Father put us into each others lives. I can see now why we are perfect for each other!! I love him so much and want to make him happy. He is my miracle and the reason that I am able to sit in the temple and pray. I asked so see him through my Saviors eyes and now can get a glimpse. He is wonderful!!! I am grateful and so very blessed!!! I love him so deeply and want every one to know how great he is!!!

Here are some pictures of our wonderful trip!! The place we hope to call home someday!!!

7 comments:

It's a King Thing...You Wouldn't Understand said...

Wow, that really made me tear up. You both look so happy in every picture and it looks like everyone was happy to see all of you. I bet it was so good for Brandon to see his family after so long. I think this is all so wonderful! Husbands are amazing...I understand what you mean when you say that you are grateful for your husband because thanks to him you are able to sit in the Temple and pray, I feel exactly the same. I love you guys so much!

bill said...

Hi Melissa,

When you move up there, your Mom and I will plan on spending July and August with you. We will divide the winter months with the guys living down here, fall and spring will be for Utah and Wisconsin. Sounds like a great idea....EH?

BK

Linda King said...

It's always good to get a different perspective especially when it involves this beautiful earth. Family is everything! I'm so glad you were able to spend time getting to know Brandon's family and where he came from. I'll look forward to going there someday with you or to visit you and your family. I guess when you live in Orange County you have to expect that you will be visiting your children somewhere else. Thanks for sharing your pictures.

Mocktalk said...

Dear Melissa,
We loved your blog. Thanks for you words of love and tenderness for your husband. I feel the same way about my husband (yes, your brother) but I don't always say it. What an adventure you've had! If you guys do move up to Canada I want to come and see you too! I'm impressed that you caught a fish and I cracked up to see Olivia's reaction to it.
Love,
Shelly

Mocktalk said...

Melissa,

I really enjoyed your blog. What I appreciate is your complete lack of judgementallness to the humble circumstances you found yourself in. I really wish I could be more like that. I love your acceptance of your husband and his family. It does look beautiful but I don't think you have to move all the way to Canada to find a place that pretty. But I can definitely see why you would consider it for it's looks and for Brandon's sake. Well I guess it benefits you since his happiness is tied into yours.

JM

Seth and Julie said...

How awesome that you got to go and visit Brandon's home. How did 2 city girls like us end up with country boys? I guess we just got lucky, right?

Also, weren't you the one telling me I needed to move back to CA??? So, you can't go and move out of the country. Just kidding! I love living in different places. It really strengthens my little family and helps me to understand the world and all of Heavenly Father's children more.

Melissa and Brandon said...

Julie if you move back to Utah I will move up there instead!!! BC was Heaven!!! Im missing it more every day!!